There is another smaller mystic diagram, called Seetha Chakra given in Tamil almanacs. In some almanacs it is given as a magic square of order 3 whereas in some others it is an arrangement of 9 small squares in 3 rows and 3 columns in which the digits 1, 2, .. 9 are written in that order column-wise from left to right.
Theses Chakras are used by the believers to predict future. A believer takes a small flower, prays to God seeking divine directions and drops the flower randomly on a board containing an inscription of one of the Chakras. The number on which the flower falls is believed to give a broad indication of the future of the believer. For example, if the design is Sri Rama Chakra in the form of a magic square and the number on which the flower has fallen is 11 then the person can expect "victory in his/her future endeavors".
Sri Rama ChakrasSringeri/Srirangam Panchangams
The Sri Rama Chakra as given in the Panchangam published by the Sringeri Sharada Peetham or the one published by Srirangam Temple is shown below.
The Sri Rama Chakra as given in Pambu Panchangam is shown below.
Seetha ChakrasSringeri/Srirangam Panchangams
The Seetha Chakra as given in the Panchangam published by the Sringeri Sharada Peetham or the one published by Srirangam Temple is shown below.
The Seetha Chakra as given in Pambu Panchangam is shown below.
Sri Rama Chakra as a strongly magic squareLet M be a magic square of order 4 and let it be represented by matrix as follows:
- For all m, n such that 1 ≤ m ≤ 4, 1 ≤ n ≤ 4, we have
- where it is assumed that if a subscript exceeds 4 it is replaced by 1 (wrapping around rows and columns).
- (taking m = 2, n = 3)
- (taking m = 2, n = 4)
- (taking m = 4, n = 4)
- Vijaya Samvatsara Vakya Panchanga 2012-13 (PDF). Sringeri: Sri Sharada Peertham. 2012. p. 47.
- "Srirangam Kovil Vakya Panchangam". Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "Indira Narasingarao-Magic Square". Retrieved 24 May 2013.
- Indira Narasinga Rao (2007). Magic of magic squares. Chennai: Indira Publishers.
- T V Padmakumar (August 1997). "Strongly magic squares" (PDF). The Fibonacci Quarterly 35 (3): 198–205. Retrieved 24 May 2013.
- "Self-taught mathematician unravels the mysteries of magic squares". Retrieved 24 May 2013.
- V P N Nampoori. "Hidden Structures of Indian Magic Square Sree Rama Cakra or Sri Rama Yantra -New Insight" (PDF). Retrieved 24 May 2013.
- Asal No. 28, Pambu Panchangam. Chennai: Manonmani Vilasam Press. 2012. p. 27.
- "Philosophy of Magic square". Retrieved 24 May 2013.