Part 1 of 3: Preparing for astral projection
Create the right atmosphere. Astral projection requires a state of deep relaxation, so it should be performed in a part of your home where you're completely comfortable. Lie on your bed or sofa and relax your mind and body.
- It's easier to perform astral projection alone than it is with someone else in the room. If you usually sleep with a partner, choose a room other than the bedroom to practice astral projection.
- Draw the shades or curtains and rid the room of distracting noises. Any type of interruption could disrupt the state of relaxation you need to achieve.
Lie down and relax. Position yourself on your back in your chosen room. Close your eyes and try to clear your mind of distracting thoughts. Concentrate on your body and how it feels. The goal is to achieve a state of complete mind and body relaxation.
- Flex your muscles and then loosen them. Start with your toes and work your way up your body, gradually making your way to your head. Make sure every muscle is completely relaxed when you are through.
- Breathe deeply and exhale completely. Don't hold tension in your chest and shoulders, just relax.
- Focus your mind on your breathing. Don't get carried away with thoughts of outside worries, and don't get preoccupied yet with the idea of your soul projecting from your body. Just let yourself sink into relaxation.
Part 2 of 3: Moving the soul from the body
- Reach a hypnotic state. This hypnotic state is normally known as the hypnagogic state. Let your body and mind approach sleep, but don't completely lose consciousness. Being at the edge of wakefulness and sleep, a hypnotic state, is necessary for astral projection to occur. Reach this state using the following method:
- Keeping your eyes closed, let your mind wander to a part of your body, such as your hand, foot or a single toe.
- Focus on the body part until you can visualize it perfectly, even with your eyes closed. Continue focusing until all other thoughts fall away.
- Use your mind to flex your body part, but do not physically move it. Visualize your toes curling and uncurling, or your fingers clenching and unclenching, until it seems as though they are physically moving.
- Broaden your focus to the rest of your body. Move your legs, your arms, and your head using only your mind. Keep your focus steady until you're able to move your whole body in your mind alone.
- Enter into a state of vibration. Many report feeling vibrations, which come in waves at different frequencies, as the soul prepares to leave the body. Don't be afraid of the vibrations, since the presence of fear might cause you to leave your meditative state; instead, succumb to the vibrations as your soul prepares to leave your body.
- Use your mind to move your soul from your body. Imagine in your mind the room in which you are lying. Move your body in your mind to stand up. Look around yourself. Get up off the bed and walk across the room, then turn around and look at your body on the bed.
- Your OBE is successful if you feel as though you are gazing upon your body from across the room, and that your conscious self is now separate from your body.
- It takes a lot of practice to get to this point. If you have trouble completely lifting your soul from your body, try lifting just a hand or a leg at first. Keep practicing until you're able to move across the room.
- 4Return to your body. Your soul always remains connected to your body with an invisible force, sometimes referred to as a "silver cord." Let the force guide your soul back to your body. Reenter your body. Move your fingers and toes - physically, not just in your mind - and let yourself regain full consciousness.
Part 3 of 3: Exploring the astral plane
- 1Confirm that you are projecting your soul from your body. Once you have mastered the act of projecting your soul from your body in the same room, you will want to confirm that you were indeed in two separate planes.
- Next time you practice the astral projection, don't turn around to look at your body. Instead, leave the room and walk into another room in the house.
- Examine an object in the other room, something that you had never noticed before in the physical sense. Make a mental note of its color, shape and size, paying attention to as many details as possible.
- Return to your body. Physically go into the room you previously projected yourself into. Walk to the article you examined during the astral travel. Can you confirm the details you noted when you explored the object with your mind?
- Explore further. During subsequent astral projection sessions, go to locations that are less and less familiar to you. Each time, note details that you had never noticed before. After each session, physically verify the details. After a few trips, you will be experienced enough to travel to locations that are completely unfamiliar with the confidence that you have actually performed astral projection.
- Return to your body. Some say that astral projection is dangerous, especially when one gets enough practice to explore unfamiliar places. Before you astral project it is nice to imagine yourself bathed in a glowing, white light. Imagine it as a cloud around you, this will protect you from other thought forms. There is so much to get into, but know that no harm will come to you unless you think it will. The thrill of having an OBE keeps some people out of their bodies for long periods of time, which is said to weaken the silver cord. Be sure to stay aware of your body back at home while your soul is projected elsewhere.
- The silver cord can never be broken, but it is said that your soul can be delayed from reentering your body if you spend too much energy outside of it.
- Some say that demons can inhabit the body while the soul is being projected. If you fear this may happen, protect your body by blessing the room with a prayer before you perform projection.
- Your soul can also interact with other astral projections. Try it with a friend who has practiced as much as you have. Some say astral sex is mind blowing. However, remember to always return to your bod
- It's best not to be mentally or physically tired when attempting astral projection, as you will find it hard to concentrate. Drowsy morning feelings work better than being tired after a long day.
- Try not to be scared on your first time, or it will seem to become harder to go back to your body.
- Feel free to walk anywhere you would like. But do not go too far your first few times. If you are new to an astral plane, walk/fly to closer locations first.
- Beliefs play the largest part in Astral Projection. If you believe that you are going to be possessed, you may feel like you are possessed. If you feel like your "silver-cord" is "weak" and that you can't return, you will feel stuck. Feelings and thoughts are instantly manifested in the Astral Plane, anything you think/fear can seem to happen. Keep your thoughts positive. Don't try to Astral Project after watching a scary movie.
- If you feel it's hard to get back to your body, just imagine yourself striking with your body at the speed of light. You can come back from any place with in one second. Remember your soul is free of distance and time.
- When releasing your soul from your body, it can also help to imagine yourself all one dull color. Now imagine your colorful soul escaping from your body slowly.
- Visualize a white or yellowish light surrounding you while you Astral Project to protect yourself from bad entities who may suck your energy if you let them. Also, you can try to raise your vibrations.
- You cannot be hurt mentally/physically by something in the Astral Plane while having an OBE.
- Interactions while in the Astral Plane are limited
- Astral Projection can turn into whatever you want it to be It can also make your growth in anything spiritual raise quickly which is why you should not give up. Its pretty easy for what it can help you do in the future.