|Typical Kirlian photography setup (cross section)|
Other scientific research
Torn leaf experiment
In popular culture
- The concert program from David Bowie's 1976 Station to Station tour featured some results of the technique, and in 1975 Bowie claimed to have achieved markedly different results, using his fingertip and his crucifix, before and after he took cocaine.
- A 1979 movie called The Kirlian Witness featured the phenomenon as a major plot point.
- Alternatively transliterated Narkevich-Yodko. It is spelled Narkevich-Todko in some sources; In Russian: Наркевич-Йодко. Some sources state that he was Polish, rendering his name Jacob Jodko-Narkiewicz
- Julie McCarron-Benson in Skeptical - a Handbook of Pseudoscience and the Paranormal, ed Donald Laycock, David Vernon, Colin Groves, Simon Brown, Imagecraft, Canberra, 1989, ISBN 0-7316-5794-2, p11
- Konikiewicz, Leonard W. (1978). Introduction to electrography: A handbook for prospective researchers of the Kirlian effect in biomedicine. Leonard's Associates.
- Lane, Earle (1975). Electrophotography. And/Or Press (San Francisco).
- Boyers, David G. and Tiller, William A. (1973). "Corona discharge photography". Journal of Applied Physics 44 (7): 3102–3112.doi:10.1063/1.1662715.
- Bankovskii, N. G.; Korotkov, K. G.; Petrov, N. N. (Apr 1986). "Physical processes of image formation during gas-discharge visualization (the Kirlian effect) (Review)". Radiotekhnika i Elektronika 31: 625–643.
- Wisneski, Leonard A. and Anderson, Lucy (2010). The Scientific Basis of Integrative Medicine. ISBN 978-1-4200-8290-6.
- Stenger, Victor J. (1999). "Bioenergetic Fields". The Scientific Review of Alternative Medicine 3 (1).
- Skrabanek, P. (1988). "Paranormal Health Claims". Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences 44 (4): 303–309.
- Ciesielska, Izabela L. (March 2009). "Images of Corona Discharges as a Source of Information About the Influence of Textiles on Humans". AUTEX Research Journal (Lodz, Poland) 9 (1). Retrieved 26 August 2012.
- Kirlian, S. D., Method for Receiving Photographic Pictures of Different Types of Objects, Patent, N106401 USSR (1949).
- Richard Cavendish, ed. (1994). Man, Myth and Magic. New York, NY: Marshall Cavendish. p. 1481. ISBN 185435731.
- Cohen, Julie (2 June 1997). "Can These Hand Prints Really Reveal Your Soul?". The Daily Mail. Gale Biography in Context. Retrieved 22 August 2012.
- Antonov, A., Yuskesselieva, L., Selective high frequency discharge (Kirlian effect), Acta Hydrophysica, Berlin, 29 (1985)5
- Juravlev, A. E., Living Luminescence and Kirlian effect, Academy of Science in USSR, 1966.
- Adamenko, V. G. Objects moved at a distance by means of a controlled bioelectric field. In Abstracts,International Congress of Psychology, Tokyo, 1972.
- Kulin, E. T., Bioelectrical effects, Science and technology, Minsk, 1980. The scientific study of Kirlian effect in Kazakhstan State Unuversity has performed Victor Inyushin.
- Petrosyan, V., I., et al, Bioelectrical Discharge, Biomedical Radio-Engineering and Electronics, №3 (1996)
- Inyushin, V. M., Gritsenko, V. S., The biological essence of Kirlian effect, Alma Ata, Kazakhstan, State Unuversity, 1968.
- Thelma Moss, The Body Electric, New York: Jeremy P. Tarcher Inc., 1979.
- Greene, Sean (27 October 2010). "UCLA lab researched parapsychology in the ’70s". News, A Closer Look. UCLA Daily Bruin. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- David G. Boyers and William A. Tiller (1973). "Corona discharge photography". Journal of Applied Physics 44 (7): 3102–3112.doi:10.1063/1.1662715.
- Iovine, John (June 2000). "Kirlian Photography, Part Deux". Poptronics (16): 20.
- Iovine, John (May 2000). "Kirlian Photography: Part 1". Poptronics (15): 15.
- "Photographer Robert Buelteman Shocks Flowers With 80,000 Volts Of Electricity". Huffington Post. 23 July 2012. Retrieved 22 August 2012.
- Blennerhassett, Patrick (9 March 2009). "Electrifying photography". Victoria News.
- Puente, Veronica (9 March 2009). "Photographer Dick Lane gets really charged up about his work". Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Pehek, John O.; Kyler, Harry J and Faust, David L (15 October 1976). "Image Modulatic Corona Discharge Photography". Science 194(4262): 263–270.
- Antonov, A, Yuskeselieva, L., Research of Electrical Discharge of Biological Objects, Signal AM, Moscow, 1979.
- Antonov, A., Yukesselieva, L., Kirlian effekt, Wisenshaft. Zeitschrift Der TU, Magdeburg, 31 (1987) 57.
- Antonov, A., Yukesselieva, L., Kirlian effect, Compterend. de l'Acad. Bulg. des. scie., 37, (1984), 1203.
- Manolev et al. Dependence of electrical discharge of fingers from frequency, South-Western University Neofit Rilski, Blagoevgrad, 1991.
- Antonov, A., Yuskeselieva, L., Research of water drops with High-frequency electric discharge (Kirlian) effect, Bulgarian Academy of Science, 2I, №5 (1968).
- Zellner, A. , Energy, Color Kirlan Analysis of Ignat Ignatov, Die Ingenieurin, Nr. 89, Germany, 2009.
- Ignatov, I., Marinov, M., Color Kirlian Spectral Analysis. Color Observation with Visual Analyzer, Euromedica, Hanover, (2008).
- Ignatov, I., Mosin, O. V., Kirlian effect for the study of properties of water and biological objects, Congress, Science, Information, Consciousness, Saint-Petersburg Technical University (2012).
- Kiseliova, M., Brain Electrical Activity Study and Kirlian effect, Federal Center for Traditional Methods for Diagnostics and Treatment, Ministry of Health, Moscow (2002).
- Ignatov, I., Tsvetkova, V., Water for the origin of life and informationability of water, Kirlian (electric images) of different types of water, Euromedica, Hanover, (2011).
- Antonov, A., Yukesselieva, L., Kirlian effect, Internatinal Agrophysics, 2 (3) 1986 (3).
- Mosin, O. V., Ignatov, I., The natural photo-transforming material bacteriorhodopsin derived from halobacterium Halobacterium halobium, № 2, Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology, Science and Education, Moscow (2012).
- Mosin, O. V., Ignatov, I., Natural Science, Structure of Water and Physical Reality, Consciousness and Physical Reality, №9, Moscow (2011).
- Korotkov K.G., Krizhanovsky E.V. et. al., The dynamic of the Gas Discharge around drops of liquids. In book: Measuring Energy Fields: State of the Science, Backbone Publ.Co., Fair Lawn, USA, 2004. PP. 103-123.
- Korotkov K., Korotkin D. Concentration dependence of gas discharge around drops of inorganic electrolytes. J of Applied Physics, 2001, 89, 9, 4732-4737.
- Korotkov K. G., Kaariainen P., GDV applied for the study of a physical stress in sportsmens, Journal of Pathophysiology, Vol. 5., P. 53. Saint Petersburg (1998).
- Katorgin, V. S., Meizerov, E. E., Actual questions GDV in medical activity, Congress Traditional Medicine, Federal Scientific Clinical and Experimental Center of Traditional Methods of Treatment and Diagnosis, Ministry of Health, pp 452-456, Elista, Moscow, Russia, 2000.
- Korotkov, Konstantin. "EPC/GDV CAMERA by Dr. Korotkov". Retrieved 27 August 2012. "GDV CAMERA by Dr. Korotkov provides non-invasive, painless and almost immediate evaluation which can highlight potential health abnormalities prior to even the earliest symptoms of an underlying condition, and suggests courses of action"
- Gudakova, G. Z. et al., Study of parameters of gas discharge glow microbiological cultures, Journal for Application Spectroscopy, V. 49, №3, Moscow, 1988.
- Gudakova, G. Z. et al., Research of the crop growth of fungi С. Quilliermondy with method of Kirlian, Journal for Mythology and Fitology, issue 2, №2, Moscow, 1990.
- Pilkington, Mark (5 February 2004). "The Guardian: Life: Far out: Bodies of light". The Guardian (London). "Over several years, Kirlian and his journalist wife Valentina developed equipment that allowed them to view moving objects in real time, creating dazzling visual effects. Encouraged by visits from scientific dignitaries, the Kirlians became convinced that their bioluminescent images showed a life force or energy field that reflected the physical and emotional states of their living subjects, and could even diagnose illnesses. In 1961 they published their first paper, in the Russian Journal of Scientific and Applied Photography, and their story then reached the west via the 1970 book Psychic Discoveries Behind the Iron Curtain."
- Smith, Jonathan C. (2009). Pseudoscience and Extraordinary Claims of the Paranormal: A Critical Thinker's Toolkit. Chichester, UK: Wiley-Blackwell. pp. 283. ISBN 978-1405181228.
- "Kirlian photography". An Encyclopedia of Claims, Frauds, and Hoaxes of the Occult and Supernatural. James Randi Educational Foundation. Retrieved 2008-10-14., derived from:
*Randi, James (1997). An Encyclopedia of Claims, Frauds, and Hoaxes of the Occult and Supernatural. St. Martin's Griffin. ISBN 0-312-15119-5.
- Opalinski, John, "Kirlian‐type images and the transport of thin‐film materials in high‐voltage corona discharges", Journal of Applied Physics, Vol 50, Issue 1, pp 498-504, Jan 1979. Abstract: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/articleDetails.jsp?arnumber=5105453
- The Kirlian Technique: Controlling the Wild Cards. The Kirlian effect not only is explainable by natural processes; it also varies according to at least six physical parameters. Arleen J. Watkins and Williams S. Bickel, The Skeptical Inquirer 13:172-184, 1989.
- Carroll, Robert Todd (2003). The Skeptic's Dictionary: A Collection of Strange Beliefs, Amusing Deceptions, and Dangerous Delusions. Hoboken, NJ, USA: John Wiley & Sons. pp. 189–190. ISBN 978-0471272427.
- Rubik, Beverly. "The human biofield and a pilot study of qigong". Retrieved 26 August 2012.
- Images reproduced at; http://www.buzzfeed.com/twentyfourbit/david-bowies-kirlian-photo-before-and-after-1wab
- Becker, Robert and Selden, Gary, The Body Electric:Electromagnetism and the Foundation of Life, (Quill/Williams Morrow, 1985)
- Krippner, S. and Rubin, D., Galaxies of Life, (Gordon and Breach, 1973)
- Ostrander, S. and Schroeder, L., Discoveries Behind the Iron Curtain, (Prentice-Hall 1970)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Kirlian photography|
- Kirlian Photography and the "Aura", Dr. Rory Coker, Professor of Physics at the University of Texas at Austin
- Description of auras and bioenergetic fields, Victor J. Stenger, University of Hawaii at Manoa
- Dr. Ignatov’s methodic for Color Coronal (Kirlian) spectral analysis, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Kirlian Effect in the Study of the Bioenergy Properties of Water, Oleg Mosin, Doctor in Chemistry