From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
C.W. Leadbeater and
|Publisher||Theosophical Publishing House Adyar|
|ISBN||1-56459-678-8, 1406536407, 1564596788|
The first edition was published in 1908, the second edition in 1919, and a third in 1951.
Since the first edition was published in 1908, the book is in the public domain, and available in whole or in excerpts, on many sites on the internet.
Occult Chemistry proposes that the structure of chemical elements can be assessed through clairvoyant observation with the microscopic vision of the third eye. Observations were carried out between 1895 and 1933. "The book consists both of coordinated and illustrated descriptions of presumed etheric counterparts of the atoms of the then known chemical elements, and of other expositions of occult physics."
Academic criticism is available in Chapter 2 of Modern Alchemy: Occultism and the Emergence of Atomic Theory, and in an online article from the Chemistry department at Yale University.
|Part of a series on|
|Founders of the Theosophical Society|
|Helena Blavatsky ·Henry Steel Olcott|
William Quan Judge
|Annie Besant ·Abner Doubleday|
Geoffrey Hodson ·Archibald Keightley
C.W. Leadbeater · G. R. S. Mead
Isabel Cooper-Oakley · William Scott-Elliot
Alfred Percy Sinnett · Brian Stonehouse
Katherine Tingley ·Ernest Wood
Seven Rays · Root Races
TS Adyar ·TS Pasadena
TS Point Loma-Covina ·TSA Hargrove
United Lodge of Theosophists
Morya · Master Jesus · St. Germain
|Agni Yoga · Alice Bailey · Anthroposophy|
Ascended Masters · Ascended Master Teachings
Benjamin Creme · Esotericism
Jiddu Krishnamurti · Liberal Catholic Church
Living Ethics · Neo-Theosophy
Order of the Star in the East
 See also
- List of Sources - Occult Chemistry for Postgraduate Students of Physics, Philosophy & Psychology
- Occult Chemistry by Annie Wood Besant and C. W. Leadbeater at Project Gutenberg
- It was claimed by C.W. Leadbeater that, by extending an "etheric tube" from the third eye, it is possible for one to develop microscopic vision and telescopic vision. See Leadbeater, C.W. The Chakras Wheaton, Illinois, USA:1927 Theosophical Publishing House Page 79
- An Appreciation of C.W. Leadbeater, by Geoffrey Hodson
- Chapter abstract on the homepage of Oxford Scholarship online
- Serious Scientific Lessons from Direct Observation of Atoms through Clairvoyance.
 Further readingTompkins, Peter (June 1997). The Secret Life of Nature: Living in Harmony With the Hidden World of Nature Spirits from Fairies to Quarks. Harperone. ISBN 0-06-250847-4.
Phillips, Stephen Extrasensory Perception of Quarks Wheaton, Illinois, USA 1980 Theosophical Publishing House ISBN 978-0-8356-0227-3